2021 Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to the 2021 Kramerica Gives Scholarship winners:
- College: University of Northern Colorado
- Major or Interests: International Affairs
- Why you are going to college: The opportunities available in college will support me in taking the next steps into adulthood and my future career, all of which are critical in my life.
- Favorite quote: “Life has no limitations; except the ones you make.”
- Favorite part of Kramerica Gives: End of year Student Lead Meeting
- College: Community College of Denver
- Major or Interests: Psychology
- Why you are going to college: My life will be incomplete without college with all the effort I have given to get here. This will be the beginning of my new life, my future, and to give hope to a new generation.
- Favorite quote: “Nothing is a great loss for me. Whatever was meant for remained, whatever was not meant for me, left.”
- Favorite part of Kramerica Gives: Volunteering always made lighter in my heart and something I want to continue doing.
- College: Sweet Briar College in Virginia
- Major or Interests: Archeology and Business
- Why you are going to college: It’s always been a dream of mine since elementary school. I worked really hard and so excited that I got in.
- Favorite quote: “Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.”
- Favorite part of Kramerica Gives: Having a Mentor who is there to talk to whenever you might need them. It might be at the end of the meeting or another time and it’s nice to know they are there for you.
- College: Community College of Aurora
- Major or Interests: Psychology
- Why you are going to college: I believe mental health is an important crisis of our society and is gradually getting more sophisticated. So, I believe by becoming a psychologist, I can bring a positive change to the world.
- Favorite quote: “That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.”
- Favorite part of Kramerica Gives: It helped me boost my self-confidence and public speaking skills and it also made it feel like a second home.
- College: Williams College in Massachussetes
- Major or Interests: Neuroscience, Biochemistry, and Philosophy
- Why are you going to college: To pursue a career in academia.
- Favorite quote: “Be excellent to each other.”
- Favorite part of Kramerica Gives: Mentor time and all the conversations I was able to have with him and will continue to have. It’s meant a lot to me.
- College: Washington University in St. Louis
- Major or Interests: Mechanical Engineering
- Why are you going to college: I am going to college to learn more about the world around me, meet people with different ideas than my own, and challenge myself.
- Favorite quote: “The word impossible has possible in it.”
- Favorite part of Kramerica Gives: The mentoring aspect was my favorite part of the program. I loved having a perspective from someone who was not in my family to help me navigate my high school years.
- College: University of Colorado Denver
- Major or Interests: Biology Pre-Med
- Why are you going to college: I am going to college because it will give me access to a more advanced education that I will use to further me in my journey to success.
- Favorite quote: “If you can’t fly, the run. If you can’t run, the walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.”
- Favorite part of Kramerica Gives: The Mentorship because of the unconditional support the mentors gave all of us to achieve our dreams.